Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Sophie Theallet.

I can appreciate a designers need to push boundaries, I can also appreciate a designers quieter approach by focusing on craftsmanship. There are so many pieces in Sophie Theallet's Fall 2013 collection that have me drooling. I love her focus on crisp, clean shapes while complementing the feminine form. Her clothes are classic with an edginess to keep today's modern girl wanting more.
I challenge you to choose only one favorite, for me, it can't be done.

I feel I must live a more elegant lifestyle to adorn any of these lovely garments.It makes me daydream about a world where women dressed up simply to go to the grocery store and where gentlemen tipped their hats. I wonder if that beautiful formality is totally wiped clean from our culture? If anyone could inspire to bring back such an attitude, it would be Sophie Theallet.
I am aware that Michelle Obama is a fan of Sophie Theallet; extremely fitting for the First Lady.
As I explore through Sophie's collections, I am involved in her story telling. Each collection painting a vivid picture of the woman meant to wear these clothes.
This collection offers enough looks to entertain a woman's need to express every dimension of her personality.
Sophie Theallet's Fall 2010 collections starts off dark, fading to warm, and emerging in lightness.
****
****
****
****
****
If I have left you feeling overwhelmed, then I have done my job. This designer is  fantastic, versatile, and intriguing. When I finally decide on my favorite look, she is definitely worth the investment.
Until then, I will celebrate that The Limited offers a Sophie Theallet line for the everyday girl. I bought this belt in December and wear it with everything I possibly can.

No comments:

Post a Comment