Sunday, February 10, 2013

I get in these moods where I feel this need to just write something. I don't even know what to write, but the urge is too strong to sit back and do nothing. Everyday I set out on the mission of finding beautiful and creative imagery to inspire me to create imagery of my own. I begin to feel that creativity is never ending.
 My creating on the other hand has been postponed. It has been a few months now since I have sat down and began a new project. There are projects that I have began and grew exhausted in my pursuit for perfection. I struggle daily with this feeling that I will never create something that is worth treasuring. There are many things that I treasure; I do not believe in buying or keeping anything unless you love it.

 I treasure my vintage pinup print painted by Vaughan Bass.


I treasure my Just Being Audrey by Margaret Cardillo book. The illustrations are so charming.


I treasure my classic copy of Alice and Wonderland, I adore the bright pink cover. My sketch book. Alex Grey and Sargent&Italy art books. My worn out copy of Wuthering Heights.
I treasure my bronze owl bookends, a gift from a stranger.


I treasure my Stacey Stevens Jewelry necklace, given to me by the designer herself.


I treasure my James Dean lunchbox.  A fun collectable I found at a consignment shop for only $4!


I treasure my stack of journals. I hate reading them but know I will appreciate having them in the future.


I treasure the pictures of my family and my friends.
And I do mean all my pictures! I will spare you and share only one. My sweet little nephew Ryker.


Can you see why I struggle to create such beauty?

No comments:

Post a Comment