Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Art Deco by Versace

art dec·o  

Noun
A decorative style of the 1920s and 1930s, marked by precise and boldly delineated geometric shapes and strong colors, used in household...


I think any fashionista would agree when I say that clothing is art in itself. When I first laid eyes on this gorgeous gown by Versace, I was overwhelming inspired. The shape is feminine and modern, but the art deco design offers a beautiful contrast. I am also captured by the soft color pallet and stark, bold addition of brown. I want to wear this dress so badly, but since my pocketbook would not allow for such a splurge, I am forced to use this lovely creation as my inspiration, and attempt to find a piece that is just as captivating.

French Connection.


BaubleBar.


Top Shop.

BaubleBar.



Anthropologie.

BaubleBar.

 I am loving all the art deco inspired apparel that I am finding, however, nothing has grabbed my heart the way that Versace dress has. I think I may just have to learn how to sew and maybe after thirty years of practice, I could create something as lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment