Monday, December 31, 2012

vogue  

/vōg/
Noun
The prevailing fashion or style at a particular time: "the vogue is realism".

Adjective
Popular; fashionable.

Synonyms
fashion - mode - style - popularity - craze



****


***


***

I was so enthralled with searching for vogue covers, that I am completely inspired to write a new blog post on covers alone. However, as I started with a preconceived image, I was immediately led to a new point of view. The first Vogue image is the May 1928 cover; it is charming, it is delicate, it is feminine. No definition is needed, as the image evokes fashion. I want to feel as fancy as the painted lady on the cover. I went in search of modern fashion that would be acceptable to display such elegance. I landed on a Vogue cover featuring the lovely Audrey Hepburn. A stunning, classic, beauty. I am pulled to the marketable similarities between the two images.The green and purple shades used in both images points out the obvious use of complimentary color to grab a fond gaze. A possible coincidence that both ladies are donning a cap and "fashion forward" dress, I feel inspired none the less.
I continue on my mission to find modern girl attire with such class. I see this cover of Anne Hathaway and have to take a closer look. A stunning beauty that feels almost attainable. I was confronted with an all too familiar feeling. I felt immediately struck with envy for such beauty; as I sit in front of my computer in the morning with no makeup and flannel pjs. I click on the images source, to come across an article of her near starvation diet for her role in Les Mis.  I am then bombarded with visual marketing, featuring the holiday colors of white, green and red. I am also struck with the bold titles of what lay inside the magazine. I must fight past it all to see again the lovely image. A rose to the right of her creates an intrigue of the covers story.

***

Now for the sophisticated pieces I have found to work for the modern day girl.


Donna Karan. Eric Javits.




 Donna Karan. Eric Javits.





Bottega Veneta. Eric Javits.




Neiman Marcus. Eric Javits.




The Row. Kate Spade.




Biya. Eric Javits.




Nina Ricci.



No comments:

Post a Comment